This is My "Real" Blog: On snow. . . .


Angie's Blog!

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

On snow. . . .

Over the past couple of weeks, we have experienced snow on snow on snow. . .and, over the past couple of weeks, I've made references to "snow" with regards to my friend, Beth. In fact, when we got a decent snow a few weeks ago, on her birthday, I talked about singing "Happy Birthday" to her out in the snow.

Well, this week -- I've been at it again. We got snow.
Snow-Day Snow.
Stay-home-from-work-snow.
And again, I thought about Beth.

Beth loved snow. It was a good thing -- she lived in Canada. She got to experience it -- a lot. But, she wrote about metaphorical truths we can see in snow. Here's one of her excerpts from her blog:

And all day yesterday a hush fell over my heart as gently as the snow lay down a new covering of white.. in our neighbourhood we have mountain ash trees and in the winter they drop their bright crimson berries on to the snow, not too many - just enough so that here and there drops of bright red are seen on a brilliant gleaming white blanket. It's a picture, I tell you of a Saviour making paths through the desert, and through the sea.

So, it's only natural that I would take a picture like this:

. . and remember Beth.

Since she loved snow, she would have loved these, as well:



But, because she had adopted my two kids as her niece and nephew, she would have really loved these:




And, because she loved Caroline's voice. . . this would have made her very, very happy!

(Please don't crane your neck sideways. . . the camera operator eventually changed the camera angle!)

Photobucket

4 Comments:

Blogger Shelly Wildman said...

What a wonderful, sweet tribute to Beth, Angie.

And? I love that for once you have more snow than we do! ;)

9:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet video. Love Caroline all bundled up. I remember those snow days as a kid. I so looked forward to them. As an adult, not so much! LOL

Guess I need to channel my inner child...

7:56 AM  
Blogger Melinda said...

Thanks for posting these things Angie. I feel bad because we are such bad bloggers now and it's hard sometimes to read posts and comments that I so closely associated with her, but I am grateful that you are keeping her memory going in the blog-o-sphere :)
She would have LOVED each and everything you posted.

6:21 PM  
Blogger Decomom said...

Beautiful Angie. I love this post!

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home